2.13.2011

Root For The Man You Love



Words and Music by T. W. Tendrils

When my father told me about the birds and the bees
I never imagined I'd get a bike tune up for my anniversary
an esoteric board game, McGruber DVDs
and if he had told me, I wouldn't have beleived

oh won't you please say something stupid
so I can kiss you just to shut you up
you can't help rooting for
you can't help rooting for the man you love

When my mother told me how to love and please a man
she didn't informed about the daftness that they have
and that I'd have to innuendo, I'd have to wink and drop a hint
and if she did tell me, well I forget

oh won't you please say something stupid
so I can kiss you and shut you up
I can't help rooting for
I can't help rooting for the man I love

and you could bake me a cupcake
you could take me for a walk
you could make a piece of art with me
or we could just sit down and talk

and if you do say something stupid
I'm going to kiss you just to shut you up
I can't help rooting for
I can't help rooting for the man I love
oh I can't help rooting for
I can't help rooting for the man I love

What is your song idea?
I would like to have a Valentine's Day song for my boyfriend Sean. I think it should be about how he always comes up with the least romantic ideas for celebrating special occasions (i.e. getting my bike tuned up for Valentine's Day, giving me the most esoteric board game for christmas, watching MacGruber for my birthday,going to a rave for our 3rd year anniversary etc.- feel free to make up other really strange ways of celebrating with someone). In the end though I want the song to indicate that even though he has no idea how to be romantic, I still love him.

Perhaps this song could give him hints about how i would like to celebrate our relationship... baking cupcakes together, going on a walk, making a piece of art work.

describe your song in one word
Silly

1 comment:

  1. I love this! So sweet...you hit on all the points she wanted...and made something adorable and special!

    I bet she was thrilled :)

    ReplyDelete