6.13.2011

My Paintbrush and I

What is your song idea?
In the magic of the night, awake when everyone else sleeps...I paint. I create. My heart is young, my art is fantasy, my older self lends it's wisdom without worrying about grey hair or eating too many carbs. I get lost in a world of mermaids and unicorns....find happiness in a place of pens, brushes, paint tubes and canvas....trade my crows feet in for wings of imagination, exchange my age spots for smears of paint...

There is magic in that liquid, like the waters of the fountain of youth...it re-energizes my spirit and masks the weariness that creeps into my bones...

I dare not succomb to the soft sounds of sleep in the air...for there will be plenty of time to slumber when I can no longer hold a paintbrush...and the Muse no longer whispers to me in the stillness...

describe your song in one word
Escape



each sleepless night my paintbrush and i
greet each muse as she come
as she come one by one

for my heart is young and my soul is old
my imagination fills with unicorns and mermaids wondrous to behold

and i greet each muse as she come
my paint brush and i each sleepless night one by one

i've learned happiness is filled with bristly tips
and were i to slumber i would be remiss, i'd be remiss

for i greet each muse as she come
my paintbrush and i each sleepless night one by one
my paintbrush and i each sleepless night one by one

No comments:

Post a Comment