3.29.2011

How To Paint An Owl



were the world entire
questions i inquire
were the answers formless
and each color nameless
would my fingers spreading
as if fleshy netting
find their places aimless
all that is is the canvas now

how to paint an owl
how to paint an owl

who is this before me
who might know his story
dew eyed in the morning
born of paint stolen from the trowel

how to paint an owl
how to paint an owl
how to paint an owl
how to paint an owl

What is your song idea
an unsolicited song for an unfinished painting...
http://juliettecrane.blogspot.com/2011/03/painting-in-progress.html

Describe your song in one word
how to paint an owl

7 comments:

  1. this song is the kindest thing ever! i adore every word! thank you :)

    -juliette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Adds a new dimension (or two or three) to the How to Paint an Owl class. The trowel line really caught me as I've been painting with trowels and my fingers mostly. I've never played with paint and trowels before. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you like the song! The trowel line surprised me too. I wrote it in my notebook, and then thought to myself "that doesn't make any sense, you can't paint with a trowel" ... I did a little googling and discovered you can! I suppose its all that Bob Ross I watched as a kid...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is amazing! What a gift! Thank you for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4.4.11

    Love the rhythm and melodic line. Very sweet verbage, so sincere and inquisitive. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, what a wonderful inspiration to get started painting. Too cool.

    ReplyDelete