9.09.2011
Fear Is A Blanket
I have another poem that might make a nice song. So, if you want, feel free to use it.
i know that /
these girls are laughing at me /
but what's this guy staring at? /
i know my roommate is poisoning the tea /
and I know that /
the doorman has a key to my room /
but why's security pointing with the bat? /
i know new york will kill me soon /
fear's a drenched blanket /
encasing me: heavy and tight /
a flexible casket /
tucked in I'm shivering through the night /
i know that /
while I'm having my breakfast bagel /
someone's senselessly dying in combat /
and someone's mutilated on the torturer's table /
and i know that /
i'll unravel tier after tier /
the ever-present threat /
that i'm fleeing like a haunted deer /
fear's a drenched blanket /
encasing me: heavy and tight /
a flexible casket /
tucked in I'm shivering through the night /
but then again... /
i know that /
there's a place at the sea /
and i know that /
you're in this world with me /
yes, you're in this world, too /
walking lightly through the darkest ravines /
yet, i don't know what to do /
yet, i don't know what it means /
fear's an impervious shroud /
enwrapping me: opaque and tight /
a light annihilating cloud /
burying me in my own ever-lasting night. /
Description: paranoid/wallowing in self-pity
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment