10.14.2009

wanderlust

wanderlust




The pilgrim student
Packed her bags
And left
The new world for the old

In search of roguish adventure
And a scholarly equal to gold

And she sing!

Will anybody miss me or care that I'm not there?
I shall return in one year's time better for the wear

Auf nach Deutschland
übers Meer
She boarded a ship and waved Goodbye
Landed in Brugge in three weeks time
Where sat waiting a horse for her to ride

and she sings!

Will anybody miss me or care that I'm not there?
I shall return in one year's time better for the wear

Each library in Germany did she seek
Upon her mighty steed
But she could not cross Moselle, Main or Rhine
Without queuing for ID

And she sings!

Will anybody miss me or care that I'm not there
I shall return in one year's time better for the wear

Noch einmal!

Will anybody miss me or care that I'm not there
I shall return in one year's time from this bureaucratic nightmare!

CJ's request

Name: CJ
who is the imagined singer: student abroad
who is the intended listener: friends at home
ask three questions:
Do you miss me?
Is anybody else working on his/her dissertation?
How many individual ID's will German organizations make me get?
describe your song in one word: picaresque

4 comments:

  1. @rachelintrees i love your song! sw000000n!

    <3, tw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the German lyric intercalations. They please me!

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! We aim to please!

    ReplyDelete